Re: [bug] wrong charset information for Japanese version

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 21 May 2002 17:41:22 -0400
To: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 01:55, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:
> Since recent update, the CSS validator sends Japanese pages encoded
> in ISO-2022-JP with the wrong charset "EUC-JP", thus making all
> Japanese pages unreadable.  Please fix server configuration ASAP.

AH, that explains why I wasn't able to read the japanese in my netscape
and my opera on saturday night. Someone reported a bug but mentioned
shift-jis, and not iso-2022-jp, which is why I didn't do anything.

Anyway, I think this is out of my control and is a problem with the
Jigsaw configuration.
The result page does not contain any encoding information on the other.
This is a problem on my side. I'll fix asap.

Thanks a lot for your answer to my question (even if I didn't ask it :)!

Philippe

[1] http://www.websitedev.de/css/validator-issues