Re: CSS Validator - Pulling my hair out...

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 20 May 2002 14:00:51 -0400
To: James Cormier <gateforce@hotmail.com>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 16:26, James Cormier wrote:
Hello, I have tried using your CSS validator and I am confused, I'm
certain my code is good, no warnings or errors, but I keep getting this
message...

"To work as intended, your CSS style sheet needs a correct document
parse tree. This means you should use valid HTML."

I've hunted high and low for info on a "document parse tree" and found
nothing helpful.  My HTML checks out so what next?  I've even pointed
your Validator at your site and you get the Congratulations message very
time, and yet I see no difference between your style sheets and my own,
layout, order, content, syntax, etc.

What is a document parse tree?  Could you point me to a specific
example?  Greatly appreciated.

It seems that this message gave lots of headaches recently

This is only an invitation to validate your HTML documents if any.

Philippe