Re: Validator Issues

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 18 May 2002 21:35:51 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 17:12, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> Hi,
> Some time ago, I've collected some bugs/feature request reported to
> www-validator-css, see
>   http://www.websitedev.de/css/validator-issues
> I don't know how up-to-date and how accurate the list is, but it should
> be useful anyway.
Bugs in the Validator

  * The validator rejects three letter language codes while XML 1.0
    Second Edition allows them. Fixing this probably requires an updated
    XML parser. (Reported by Christopher R. Maden)

Bugs on the homepage

  * Ben Jones says the japanese version of the validator homepage
    contains invalid Shift_Jis sequences, see

  * On http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/README.html the 'email' link
    points at 'mailto:www-validator-css', this is an invalid URI, it
    should be 'mailto:www-validator-css@w3.org'.

  * Chris Garaffa reported, that http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ is
    written in XHTML 1.0 while it shows an Valid HTML 4.0 Icon at the