Re: Problem With CSS Validator?

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 25 Mar 2002 18:30:17 -0500
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Cc: jimdrake@bluesphraks.cjb.net
> I believe that I have found a problem with your online CSS
> validator. When validating the CSS within an XHTML document which uses
> the 'Strict XHTML' doctype it comes back with the following error:
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXException: Please, fix your system identifier (URI) in
> the DOCTYPE rule.
>
> When the same document is using the 'Transitional XHTML' doctype it
> works fine.
>
> I've provided two links for you below, both files are identical except
> the first is using Strict XHTML and the second is using Transitional
> XHTML.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www27.brinkster.com/stemgruppe/test/test.html

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www27.brinkster.com/stemgruppe/test/test2.html

test2.html returns a 404.

In general, use the recommended way to link the DTD from your
transitional document and it should work.

Philippe