Re: Additional valid CSS?

> Greetings,
>
> First, thanks very much for the service.
>
> Second, I'm a little confused by the report, which reads
> (for an uploaded file):
>

> -------------------------------------
> No error or warning found
>
> To work as intended, your CSS style sheet needs a correct
> document parse tree. This means you should use valid HTML.
>
> Valid CSS informations
> body {
> margin : 5px;
> padding : 0;
> color : black;
> background : white;
> font-family : "new century schoolbook", serif;
> font-size : 14px;
> }
> h1 , h2 , h3 , h4 {
> font-family : "comic sans MS", arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
> line-height : 120%;
> }
> h1 {
> font-size : 20px;
> }
> -------------------------------------
>

> Questions:
>
> 1. Is "No error or warning found" the best I can hope for?
>    [The parallel html validator is a bit more enthusiastic ;) ]

Well, I can certainly add "Congratulations, William!" :-)

> 2. There is rather more css info than shown (see below).
>    Why does that material not appear?

The comments are removed in the output.

> 3. My css (below) works fine with IE5, and seems valid
>    based on your tests, but current Mozilla and Netscape
>    fail to recognize horizontal padding. Is that normal?

I don't know unfortunately. You can either ask your question on the
www-style@w3.org mailing list, look for pages that reference the
supported properties in those browsers, or ask Netscape/Mozilla directly
on their mailing lists.

Philippe