Re: Bug in the validator?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:05:23 +0200
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Cc: Raymond Drainville / Argument from Design <ray@ardes.com>, www-validator-css@w3.org, www-html-editor@w3.org

* Philippe Le Hegaret wrote on www-validator-css@w3.org:
>I was about to reply "oops, we have a bug" when Bert pointed out the
>following section in HTML 4:
>[[
>3. A
>case-sensitive match is then made with the set of media types defined
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>above. User agents may ignore entries that don't match. In the example
>we are left with screen and print.
>]]
>http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-media-descriptors
>
>in other words, media types are case-sensitive in HTML 4.

I disagree, http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/styles.html#adef-media
says, the attribute value is CI = case-insensitive and the
"case-sensitive" link you quoted above actually points at
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#case-insensitive>, hence I
believe this is just a typo in the prose.

cc to www-html-editor@w3.org with request for clarification.