DTDs and CSS Validator

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 12 Jul 2002 12:01:14 -0400
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

I noticed that some user agents, at least Mozilla, have different
behaviors depending of the system identifier used with the official
public identifier. Looking at the traces of the validator yesterday, a
_lot_ of errors are due to a mismatch between the system identifier and
the public identifier. In other words, lots of people are not using the
one recommanded in the XHTML spec. So I'm starting to wonder if I should
not change the behavior of the CSS Validator and not bother anymore
about the system identifier. In fact, as long as the public identifier
matchs, I can simply ignore the system identifier. Any comments?

An other comment: I noticed that there is now an apache implementation
of OASIS XML Catalog. I should probably remove my code in the CSS
Validator for them and uses the one developed by Norm directly.

Philippe