MIME type ignored when giving a HTML file as input?

From: Jonas Jørgensen <jonasj@jonasj.dk>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:54:41 +0100
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

I don't know if this is known bug (I'm not even sure that it's a bug at
all), but the CSS validator seems to ignore the MIME type specified by
the server if you give it an HTML file as input and the HTML file
includes a <link rel="somecssfile.css" type="text/css">.

An example: The Content-Type returned for
<http://www.physik.rwth-aachen.de/~rosenbl/bb/formats.css> is
application/x-pointplus, so when trying to validate it
the validator says "I/O Error: Unknown mime type". But when you point
the validator to an HTML document which has a <link> to the file, such
you are told that the file is valid CSS! Bug?