RE: CSS Validator Check Image

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 11:54, Albright Scott M Contr MSG/MMD2 wrote:
> > Give an XHTML document to the CSS validator, it will valid the CSS in it
> > and give you the XHTML markup to include in your document.
>
> > Philippe
>
> I use an external style sheet since I have over 100 pages within our web
> site. So I typically check my CSS in pieces or as an uploaded file.

And this is why the validator will not give a markup to insert in your
XHTML document. It cannot guess that you will use it in HTML, XHTML or
other XML languages.

> I have already verified my code to be XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant.

Yes, and the CSS validator doesn't check the XHTML document when you
give it one, it checks the CSS inside the document (internal or linked
from the document), and then, since it knows that you're trying to use
CSS with XHTML, it will give you back the proper XHTML markup to include
your page.

Philippe