Re: [BUG] Style attributes

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:44:21 +0200
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
* Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>> I was going to forward this list to you, but I didn't get time :-) If
>> you like, I'll update this list on a regular basis or something like
>> that.
>
>If you can do that, it would certainly help me a lot.

Ok, I'll then update it and hand it to you.

>> Well, I replied most questions since May 2001 :-) I've written up a
>> small unofficial FAQ at http://www.websitedev.de/css/validator-faq
>
>I should probably link from the CSS validator pages. How stable is this
>URI?

As TimBL said, URIs never break, people break them ;-)
I won't as long as I own websitedev.de, this should be
stable enough to link it :-)

>Some of your answers can be added directly in the error messages.

Yes. I created that FAQ as some interim solution to avoid writing the
same answers again and again. Some people complained the current error
messages aren't verbose enough or misleading. A good start would be to
update the download page to point at the "current" sources.

>The only problem will be to translate them though.

I can provide a german translation, AFAIK you and Karl could spent some
time with french translations, so we'd have at least three languages :-)