Re: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Please, fix your system identifier (URI) in the DOCTYPE rule.

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 01:48:31 +0200
To: David Broderick <db@presentvoice.com>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
* David Broderick wrote:
>I used the validation  service on target:
>Target: http://www.bwaynet.com/donparsons/index.htm
>and got error:
>org.xml.sax.SAXException: Please, fix your system identifier (URI) in
>the DOCTYPE rule.

This should by the way be "DOCTYPE declaration" or "document type
declaration".

>Any help on what it means or where to find more information would be
>appreciated

You are pointing to

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/strict.dtd

in your DOCTYPE declaration. This redirects to

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd

use this system identifier to reference the XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD.