"No style sheet found" - what am I doing wrong?

From: Farinelli,Stephanie L <stephanie.farinelli@dhs.state.tx.us>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 16:18:53 -0500
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Philippe,

I feel like a complete idiot.
I ran my default.css through the validator and got this:
		No error or warning found
		To work as intended, your CSS style sheet needs a correct
document parse tree. This means you should use valid HTML
<http://validator.w3.org/> .
		No style sheet found
No style sheet found?
When I validated my XHTML, I was able to view the document parse tree.  Is
the CSS Validator wanting to see that too?
My xhtml page validated for transitional DTD, and I just linked to the CSS
by saying:
	<!--
	@import url(css/default.css);
	-->

Here's what my css looks like:
 <<default.css>>

Please tell me what's wrong with my code.
Thanks!
Stephanie Farinelli