Re: Porblems with the validator and XHTML

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 00:57:24 +0200
To: Raphael Giromini <raph@giromini.org>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
* Raphael Giromini wrote:
>I try to validate http://www.usenet-fr.net/ and i did for the XHTML. See:
>But when I try to validate the CSS, I get this page:
>Who tells me to "Validate the XML document first". Where is the problem?

Your SYSTEM identifier in your document type declaration:

you are pointing to http://www.usenet-fr.net/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd with
that identifier, but the ressource does not exist. You should rather
point to http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd

I really hope that the examples in XHTML 1.0 Second Edition will use an
absolute URI...