Re: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.stengt.net/

Eirik wrote:

> While following a 'validate css' link from the result of my xhtml-validation, I
> get this:
>
> --Start quote
> Target: http://www.stengt.net/
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup declarations contained or pointed to
> by the document type declaration must be well-formed.
> --End quote
>
> A friend who knows some java tells me it's a java error of some sort.. Known
> problem?

It is a java error since the program underneath is written in Java but it
reflects
(poorly) an error in your XML document:

<!DOCTYPE html
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
     "DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

should be:

<!DOCTYPE html
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

I fixed a little bit the error message to reflect the problem,

btw, this error needs to be reported by the xhtml validator in the future.

Philippe