Re: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.stengt.net/

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:53:18 -0500
To: Eirik <default@stengt.net>
Cc: WWW-validator-css@w3.org
Eirik wrote:
> While following a 'validate css' link from the result of my xhtml-validation, I
> get this:
> --Start quote
> Target: http://www.stengt.net/
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup declarations contained or pointed to
> by the document type declaration must be well-formed.
> --End quote
> A friend who knows some java tells me it's a java error of some sort.. Known
> problem?

It is a java error since the program underneath is written in Java but it
(poorly) an error in your XML document:

<!DOCTYPE html
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

should be:

<!DOCTYPE html
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

I fixed a little bit the error message to reflect the problem,

btw, this error needs to be reported by the xhtml validator in the future.