Re: Has the Validator changed recently?

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:04:54 +0100
To: <mark@markzobel.com>, "W3C CSS Validation Service" <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Mark,

At 11:33 -0700 2001-03-17, Mark Zobel wrote:
>I have recently been using the CSS validator to check for errors in my
>stylesheets.  About a month ago I validated a stylesheet and no errors were
>reported.  Last week I ran it through again and the sheet would not
>validate.  The thing is, though, I made no changes to it.  What has changed
>with the validator recently?  I notice the report page is different than it
>has been in the past.  Has something changed in the specification that would
>require me to redesign the stylesheet?  The URI I am trying to validate is
>http://www.markzobel.com/style.css  Thank you in advance for your
>assistance.

Yoou're right the validator has changed for a new spicy version. :)
And it will be improved further in the future. Now you have a support
for CSS2 and CSS1 with the possibility to choose what you want
validate.

Philippe Le Hégaret will reply here next week. :)

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---