CSS Validator 2 questions

From: johncrout <johncrout@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:59:21 -0500
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
The first question is, how do I get around the validator's desire to
extract from my code a linked CSS file, then to process it as though it
were HTML-based? Naturally, every line of code from a linked CSS file,
fails validation.

There is a page for downloading the validator that does draws you to the
legal stuff first, but doesn't appear to provide a link for download.
Where can I find the download associated with the legal stuff I was
directed to read?
-- john