Customising the CSS validator servlet

From: Phil Shaw <phil@codestyle.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:41:18 +0100
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Dear Philippe and Sijtsche,

I have a copy the previous release version of your CSS validator
servlet working on a local development server with Apache JServ in
its standard form (URI mode) and I'd like to customise it for my
Website, <url: http://www.codestyle.org/>.

I see the html.properties.en file contains the markup structure for
the output page. I wanted first to check if any special terms applied
to its use? Am I permitted to change the output format to my
style? I would be happy to retain a credit to yourself and the W3C
on the page and I would appreciate any advice on how the output
markup should be amended.

Secondly, I have noted your comment on use of the the servlet on
a server with "special access authorization", but I'm not clear what
this specifically implies? Do you mean PUT requests? I would
appreciate any further advice on the security implications of making
such a service available on the WWW.

I hope you can spare the time to answer these questions and look
forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Philip Shaw

P.S. I previously wrote to Philippe at an old address (?). Sorry for
the repetition if not.
--
<url http://www.codestyle.org/>