Same CSS file and settings, but different results

From: MackyBee <macky@email.plala.or.jp>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:34:06 +0900
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Hello,

When I'm using CSS Validator, I have got a problem.

For example, make a css file as follow contents:

-- a css file --

a:link {
    color:blue
}

-- over --

Save the file on a local disk. And use CSS validator by "Upload" method(*1).
Then, I have got some error messages with a comment as
"You have no color withyour background-color". I think this is correct.

But, in case I saved the file on a server on internet and use CSS validator
by "URL specifying" method(*2), I get no error messages. I think here is a
problem. Or am I wrong?

(*1): http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-upload.html
(*2): http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri.html

Thanks,