MIME error prevents validation

From: Mathew Chacko & Darren Miner <chacko@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 02:58:28 -0700
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
I cannot use validation via URI because my ISP's Web server is reporting an
incorrect MIME type for .css files. I have notified my ISP. It occurs to me,
however, that this particular problem is not isolated. I suggest that the
validator be modified to convert MIME type "application/x-pointplus" to
"text/css" so that validation may take place, but also display a warning
that one's ISP should be contacted about a MIME type configuration error. In
this way, everyone benefits: the author may validate his or her style sheet
and also be informed of the need to contact the ISP's technical support. The
error that currently is displayed is not helpful.

Thank you,
Darren Miner