Css-validator

From: Lee Gaines <lgaines@questsolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:10:16 -0400
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
I assume from the text on the page;

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/DOWNLOAD.html

that there is no version available for download. Could you  please notify me
by mail at lee_gaines@msn.com for lgaines@questsolutions.com when it is
available. Also could you give me any information regarding Opera. I keep
hearing that it is "the only truly complaint CSS browser, yet it does not
appear to handle absolute positioning at all. My CSS doc is handled
perfectly by Explorer 5x and Netscape 6x because I stuck to very basic CSS
concepts (or so I thought) yet Opera slaughters it and does not render any
of the script tags.

Example from my css document from http://24.3.66.43

#001 { font-color: white;
 position: absolute;
 top: 50px;
 left: 15px; }

is used in relation with a

<DIV ID=001>my item</DIV>

on the html page that has

<LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="main.css">

in the HEAD. This goes completely ignored as do all items with absolute
values (fonts and floats are supported relative to the body format). Is it
me or Opera?

Thanks for any help...

Sincerely Frustrated,

Lee Gaines