RE: [Fwd: [Moderator Action] [Helps] Matriplex free reference software]

From: Glenn Adams (glenn@xfsi.com)
Date: Wed, Feb 06 2002

    From: "Glenn Adams" <glenn@xfsi.com>
    To: <www-tv@w3.org>
    Cc: <inshiks@hanbox.com>, <dh@matriplex.com>
    Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:52:01 -0500
    Subject: RE: [Fwd: [Moderator Action] [Helps] Matriplex free reference software]

    I see that the enclosed message refers to an Internet Draft which appears to be available at:

    http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hodges-dtv-chanchange-00.txt

    In it is contained the following information:

       Richard Hodges
       Matriplex, inc.
       769 Basque Way
       Carson City, NV 89706
       Phone: (775) 886-6477
       Email: rh@matriplex.com

    One thing I notice is that this I-D doesn't discuss how this proposal might interoperate with Over-The-Air DTV Systems such as ATSC, DVB, or ARIB ISDB.

    The ATSC defined a broadcaster initiated channel change mechanism known as DCC (Direct Channel Change) [1], which is specified in:

    http://www.atsc.org/standards/A65-A.pdf

    Regards,
    Glenn Adams

    [1] I don't personally endorse the ATSC DCC mechanism; I just want to point out its existence.