RE: [Fwd: [Moderator Action] [Helps] Matriplex free reference software]

From: Glenn Adams (
Date: Wed, Feb 06 2002

    From: "Glenn Adams" <>
    To: <>
    Cc: <>, <>
    Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:52:01 -0500
    Subject: RE: [Fwd: [Moderator Action] [Helps] Matriplex free reference software]
    I see that the enclosed message refers to an Internet Draft which appears to be available at:
    In it is contained the following information:
       Richard Hodges
       Matriplex, inc.
       769 Basque Way
       Carson City, NV 89706
       Phone: (775) 886-6477
    One thing I notice is that this I-D doesn't discuss how this proposal might interoperate with Over-The-Air DTV Systems such as ATSC, DVB, or ARIB ISDB.
    The ATSC defined a broadcaster initiated channel change mechanism known as DCC (Direct Channel Change) [1], which is specified in:
    Glenn Adams
    [1] I don't personally endorse the ATSC DCC mechanism; I just want to point out its existence.