RE: [Fwd: [Moderator Action] [Helps] Matriplex free reference software]

I see that the enclosed message refers to an Internet Draft which appears to be available at:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hodges-dtv-chanchange-00.txt

In it is contained the following information:

   Richard Hodges
   Matriplex, inc.
   769 Basque Way
   Carson City, NV 89706
   Phone: (775) 886-6477
   Email: rh@matriplex.com

One thing I notice is that this I-D doesn't discuss how this proposal might interoperate with Over-The-Air DTV Systems such as ATSC, DVB, or ARIB ISDB.

The ATSC defined a broadcaster initiated channel change mechanism known as DCC (Direct Channel Change) [1], which is specified in:

http://www.atsc.org/standards/A65-A.pdf

Regards,
Glenn Adams

[1] I don't personally endorse the ATSC DCC mechanism; I just want to point out its existence.