Re: Timed Text work]

From: Philipp Hoschka (ph@w3.org)
Date: Thu, Jan 24 2002

    Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:29:12 +0100
    From: Philipp Hoschka <ph@w3.org>
    To: Neil Carson <neil@liberate.com>
    CC: www-tv@w3.org, www-tt-tf@w3.org
    Subject: Re: Timed Text work]

    (adding www-tt-tf to the thread)

    Neil,

    The general idea is to discuss whether W3C should work on an
    XML-based format for "timed text", i.e. subtitles, captioning
    etc., and what should be done.

    For more info, see the message I forwarded
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-smil/2002JanMar/0007.html

    You can find an initial list of requirements here
    http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/timetext.html

    Hope this helps

    -Philipp