From: Keisuke Kamimura [mailto:kmmr@glocom.ac.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 10:04 PM
To: www-tv@w3.org
Subject: RE: DNS-like format for station names

Hi

I'm curious what IANA's decline of becoming a registration authority
means. Does that mean IANA does not like being referred to as an
authority? or do they think DNS should not be used for other purposes
than domain naming?

I would appreciate if you keep us informed of this topic.

Keisuke Kamimura
Center for Global Communications
kmmr@glocom.ac.jp