RE: New "tv:" URI draft

Looks good.  Some comments:

>,which is not met by the URI schemes described in [1].

No URL schemes are mentioned in RFC 2396, unlike RFC 1738.  I think you
instead want "using the URI format described in RFC 2396 [1]."

I think you need some amplification on this thought:

>It is important to note that these DNS-style identifiers need not match
>real hostnames; they are not intended to be resolved to IP addresses using
DNS.

I would change "are not intended" to "SHOULD NOT" and add: "Thus, using the
terms as defined in RFC 2396, the tv: scheme is a Uniform Resource
Identifier, not a Uniform Resource Locator.

>In order to support these identifiers in a "tv:" URI, a receiver must
>implement a means to map known identifiers to frequencies. The nature
>of this map and the way in which it is used will be browser- and
>device-specific and is beyond the scope of this document.

I would change "will be browser- and device-specific" to "are currently
browser- and device-specific", to avoid excluding that some future protocol
(e.g., SLP, rescap) may make it possible for tv: URIs to be correctly
resolved to frequencies.

For Section 7, I would suggest creating a template registration form based
on RFC 2048 and use similar language about emailing to an iana-tv@iana.org
mailing list.

Also, I would reference RFC 2119 and change your references to the form [RFC
2396] and [AVTEF] since the ordinal numbering provides no useful
information.

		- dan
--
Daniel Kohn <mailto:dan@dankohn.com>
tel:+1-425-519-7968  fax:+1-425-602-6223