Re: Where are we?

At 11:57 10.10.99 +0100, Jack Lang wrote:
>Harald:
>
>Unfortunately the slot has been delayed by ten minutes, as the earlier news
>program was extended.

and in that case, the currently popular ShowView scheme breaks too.
IMNSHO, the Right Thing to do, architecturally, is to establish two
orthogonal name spaces:

- TV transmission stream and time slot
- Information content, such as "series episode" or "today's news"

Then it's possible to build an association service that is able to transmit
things like:

   content://international.syndicates.com/TheLucyShow/Episode497/ will be
   transmitted on tv-channel://bbc1.bbc.co.uk/19990422:2200+0000:30min

I think that's where we should end up; but since there's no consensus (that
I can hear) in this group that we should go straight there, we should just
make sure we don't block the possibility of ending up there.

                          Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no