RE: Where are we?

From: Dan Zigmond (
Date: Fri, Oct 08 1999

From: Dan Zigmond <>
To: "'Scott J. Anderson'" <>,
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:31:16 -0700
Subject: RE: Where are we?

The goal here is to define a URI scheme for streams of television broadcast
content (i.e., networks or stations or channels) rather than for individual
pieces of content (programs).  So there would be a "tv:" URI for PBS
(""), and for local member stations of PBS like WQED
(""), but not for individual pieces of programming that happen to
air on PBS.  I see the latter as a different problem.  Important, yes, but

Dan Zigmond
Senior Manager, Broadcast Applications
WebTV Networks, Inc.