RE: about tv:

From: Larry Masinter (masinter@parc.xerox.com)
Date: Wed, Feb 10 1999

From: "Larry Masinter" <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
To: <fin@finseth.com>
Cc: <Philipp.Hoschka@sophia.inria.fr>, <www-tv@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:04:27 PST
Subject: RE: about tv:

I think it fails the 'is it well defined?' test.

What would you do with something that has two tuners, for
example. Which one is the "current" TV channel?

If I get a TV URL on my PC over the web, but I have a TV
tuner on my PC, am I supposed to use the TV tuner's
current image? Since it's the TV-of-the-device?

Why not just have a locator that is "context:" whose meaning
is determined by the context of the document that embeds it.

It could be a private negotiation. I don't see any reason why
"tv:" adds any information, since there's no actual
information about the data located.

Larry
--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter