Re: one more requirement

Craig-

The use of any syntax in the application scenarios, such as "tv:", was
specifically NOT meant to be a proposed syntax, but an example for
clarification only.  And, the document explicitly says this.  Hence "tv:"
(or anything else) is not proposed as a syntax anywhere that I can find.

What I am proposing is that the exact syntax I mentioned be added to the
requirements.

As I mentioned, it may not be appropriate to add this to the application
scenarios, and can be put into the requirements document if folks feel that
is more appropriate.

Regards,
	Mike

At 10:56 AM 1/11/99 -0600, Craig A. Finseth wrote:
>   I think we should add to the application scenario list (or requirements,
>   whichever is more appropriate) the existing commercial practice for "tv"
>   URI's in existing (NTSC) broadcast systems.  This list may not be
complete,
>   but the ones I know about are:
>
>These are already in the applications list.
>
>	   tv:                    [reference to the currently tuned channel]
>Item #1.
>
>	   tv:<channel_number>    tv:7
>Item #3.
>
>	   tv:<network_name>      tv:abc
>Item #4.
>
>As this document lists the applications and not UR* syntaxes, I did
>not attempt to catalog all the existing variants.

>Craig

Michael A. Dolan, Representing DIRECTV,  (619)445-9070   FAX: (619)445-6122
PO Box 1673 Alpine, CA 91903, Overnight: 20239 Japatul Rd, Alpine, CA 91901