Re: I-D submission "Requirements on TV Broadcast URIs"

Craig A. Finseth wrote:

>    You could argue to remove requiring compatibility with the ATSC URI
>    scheme, because it is a not yet approved scheme. On the contrary,
>
> Umm, we (Gomer and I through DASE) are working on the ATSC scheme.

So, the scheme is not approved :>)

> Well, in the sense that the other organizations drop their existing
> schemes to adopt one that meets the (other) requirements, we gain
> compatability.

OK, so I propose you immediately drop your ATSC scheme.
It isn't used anyway.

(How does that feel? I say this to make clear what you
are saying: "others should adapt, we're right", at least
that's the way I understand you.)

>    The purpose of this requirement is to acknowledge that there are
>    other bodies also defining URI schemes. Somehow, we need to align.
>    Ignoring is not the way achieving that.
>
> Then it should be stated this way.  Something like:
>
>         Any actual scheme must be coordinated with ATSC, DVB, DAVIC, etc.
>         and must be usable by those systems (assuming an implementation,
>         of course).

Thanks. I'll adapt our draft to that. How about:

"Any actual scheme must be coordinated with standardisation bodies
such as ATSC, DVB, DAVIC, and must be reasonably acceptable to
those bodies."

Warner.