Re: AW: URL: Background and Requirements

From: Craig A. Finseth (
Date: Mon, Nov 16 1998

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:56:33 -0600 (CST)
From: "Craig A. Finseth" <>
Subject: Re: AW: URL: Background and Requirements

      ATSC   :

    In ATSC an activity is going on the specify an URL. There
    is no (frozen) specification existing.

We are using the specifications developed here on www-tv.

    From the document provided by Petr Peterka [ATSC-URL], I
    distall an URL scheme which is similar to the DAVIC URL
    semantically, but incompatible to the DAVIC URL syntactically.
    It seems to me that this scheme can be aligned with the DAVIC

    Provided I understood the document correclty the URL is
    specified as

This specification is obsolete.  Watch this space.