How do authors use TV URLs? (was RE: URL: Background and Requirements)

Has someone documented "who" will use these URLs.  I was under the
impression that URLs would be specified by humans.

In the WWW today, a content author links to a known resource on the
Internet through a URI.  Carrying this over to television, this says
that an interactive content author links to a known resource in the
television transport through a URI.  Yes, it may also point to the
Internet, but that is well understood.

If this is true, I have a hard time imagining a content developer being
able to specify a URL that references another stream prior to encoding
and multiplexing.  None of the addressing information is available when
I originally authored the content.

Even if the addressing information was known a priori, it would be
invalid when the program is rebroadcast at a later time or in a
different transport.

To get around this, I would have to encode something symbolic (a logical
URL) that gets modified once everything is encoded, the multiplex is
created, and all of the identifiers specified.  Then I would need
something that would either map this logical URL to the real resource at
run-time, or transcode the content with the proper URLs (physical URLs).

What am I missing here?

I can't imagine a usable and reuseable URI scheme (for a television
transport) unless there is a level of indirection.  In other words, the
URI points to the table and RDF is used to "find" the particular
transport, stream, and packet.

Ted
-----
Ted Wugofski