Re: AICI: Focus

From: Aaron E. Walsh (
Date: Tue, Nov 03 1998

Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 19:13:51 -0500
From: "Aaron E. Walsh" <>
To: Henning Timcke <>
Cc: "AICI (E-Mail)" <>, "SMIL@w3c (E-Mail)" <>, "WWW-TV (E-Mail)" <>, "''" <>, "Larry Masinter (E-Mail)" <>, "Philipp Hoschka (E-Mail)" <>, "''" <>
Subject: Re: AICI: Focus

Henning Timcke wrote:
> Did anybody knew about ?

Hello Henning and all,

I believe the idea for DAVIC (Digital Audio-Visual Council) came from
Leonardo Chiariglione, the current "Contact Point" of the MPEG home page

I'm not a member of DAVIC, so can't speak to the group's work, but find
their charter worth passing along to the AIC-I since there seems to be
some common interests:

"The purpose of DAVIC is to favour the success of emerging digital
audio-visual applications and services, by the timely availability of
internationally agreed specifications of open interfaces and protocols
that maximise interoperability across countries and
applications/services. The primary instrument is production of technical
specifications that maximise interoperability across countries and

Aaron Walsh

Chair, VRML Universal Media Element Library (VRML-UMEL) Working Group

Co-chair, VRML Intellectual Property Rights (VRML-IPR) Task Group