Introduction and Expression of Interest

From: Jane Hunter (
Date: Fri, Oct 23 1998

Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:37:47 +1000
From: Jane Hunter <>
Subject: Introduction and Expression of Interest

Dear All,

I have just joined this Interest Group and mailing list and would like to
introduce myself and my interests.

My name is Jane Hunter and I'm a Senior Research Scientist in the Resource
Discovery Unit at the Distributed Systems Technology Centre, based in Brisbane,

My main area of interest is Multimedia Metadata Standards. Consequently I would
like to express an interest in working on the Metadata description/transport
item in the charter.

Others interested in this item might like to read a paper I recently had
published at ECDL'98 entitled "The Application of Metadata Standards to Video
Indexing". I propose the application of qualified Dublin Core and SMIL within
RDF to describe hierarchical video structures and to satisfy MPEG-7
requirements. It can be found at:

Jane Hunter

| Dr Jane Hunter                   | Senior Research Scientist             |
| DSTC Pty Ltd                     | Distributed Systems Technology CRC    |
| Level 7, General Purpose South   | Tel   : +61 7 3365 4310               |
| The University of Queensland     | Fax   : +61 7 3365 4311               |
| Queensland 4072, Australia       | Email :              |