Re: work on url for television started

From: Simon Gibbs (
Date: Wed, Oct 21 1998

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:36:22 -0700
From: Simon Gibbs <>
To: Henning Timcke <>
CC: "" <>, Philipp Hoschka <>
Subject: Re: work on url for television started

Henning Timcke wrote:

> Hi Simon
> As far as I can see: your requirements can be met with XML.
> Please let me know if we can be of assistance in working this out.
> Henning

Thanks, but before proposing solutions let's get therequirements straight. Can somebody put together
a list of requirements for this group?
Here are some of the things that I would like
to see supported:

A URL/URI/URN that allows a browser to locate and access
content obtainable from the following devices:

- consumer AV equipment (CD, MD, DV, DVD etc)
- DTV receivers and set-top boxes

I'm also assuming that there is a network connection
of some form between the browser and the device in question.
This connection can carry both control information and content.