AW: DTV and ATSC URL proposal from GI

From: Henning Timcke (henning.timcke@werft22.com)
Date: Thu, Oct 15 1998

From: Henning Timcke <henning.timcke@werft22.com>
To: "'Peterka, Petr (SD-EX)'" <PPeterka@gi.com>, "'www-tv@w3.org'" <www-tv@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 19:04:36 +0200
Subject: AW: DTV and ATSC URL proposal from GI

I think you should add something like <size> and <arrival>
To build content it's important to know how long it will take untill the content arrives and what time-slit will be occupied by the content size. Depending on <size> and <arrival> dramaturgical intentions can be handled.
MPEG has some content relevant informations: at the end of the file !
For live -action and authoring wich such information, the information must be available in advance, like metadata tags.
What for do you use the word carousel ? Kind a mechanical database ?

Henning

Ideen Werft22 GmbH
Your win-win computing company (TM)
Thought global, swiss made. (TM)