From: Henning Timcke (
Date: Mon, Oct 12 1998

From: Henning Timcke <>
To: "WWW-TV (E-Mail)" <>
Cc: "Philipp Hoschka (E-Mail)" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:31:02 +0200
Subject: Methods

I propose to take into consideration how TV is produced. What I currently have red seems very focused on the broadcasting process itself.
I believe the SMIL-model has a good potential for covering parts of the TV production process. So SMIL or any other future language should be able to change content in realtime, interactively, e.g. I-SMIL.
Another thing to think about is to implement enough *hooks* to identify any distinguishable entity of the contents broadcasted. Live TV for example must be able to manage content live. Lot of TV Content comes from (or goes to) stored data.
I think the "live-proofness" will be the challenge.
Another thing is semantics layered in contents, e.g subtitles in text and audio.

Best regards

Henning Timcke
Ideen Werft22 GmbH
Managing Director

Your win-win computing company (TM)
Thought global, swiss made. (TM)

Werft22fax +41 56 210 91 34

Henning Timcke globally can be reached by Werft22fon +41 56 210 91 32