Re: MPEG4 player and MPEG4 drafts publically available ?

From: Philipp Hoschka (Philipp.Hoschka@sophia.inria.fr)
Date: Fri, Jul 17 1998

To: Olivier AVARO - France Telecom - CNET <olivier.avaro@cnet.francetelecom.fr>
cc: www-tv@w3.org
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:29:55 +0200
From: Philipp Hoschka <Philipp.Hoschka@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject: Re: MPEG4 player and MPEG4 drafts publically available ?

On 17/07/1998, Olivier AVARO - France Telecom - CNET <olivier.avaro@cnet.francetelecom.fr>  wrote:

>1- Within the context of the W3C MPEG-4 collaboration, I will check if
>the user account can be made open to the W3C community.

This sounds like a great idea to let even more people know about MPEG-4.

However, I'd just like to point out that at this point, there is
no offical "W3C MPEG-4 collaboration". From the W3C side, this would
require consultation with the W3C membership, which hasn't happened yet.

It will happen as soon as we have a clearer idea of what this collaboration
should/can be about - from what I understand, the web-mpeg4 mailing list
serves this purpose.

-Philipp