Re: Proposed Timed-Text Working Group (TTWG) draft charter

From: Dave Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:17:34 -0700
To: www-tt-tf@w3.org

Hi

I think this is a good idea.  Some ideas for section 7:

IETF-AVT should be mentioned as the place where we would co-ordinate
an RTP payload format for timed text.

MPEG-4 is opening a work item on improved timed-text;  the BIFS/VRML
support is somewhat limited.

3GPP2 have expressed interest in timed text, I believe, though I am
not sure of what progress they are making.
--
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime