Re[2]: More comments on updated timed-text document

Copy protection, while an important topic, is way beyond the scope of one
WG to do in any meaningful way, and concur with Chris here.

If folks want to tackle this problem, then a much larger separate task
needs to be undertaken that could apply to any XML content, TT included.

Regards,

         Mike

At 04:20 PM 3/19/2002 +0100, Chris Lilley wrote:

> >>Erik Hodge originally proposed this.  I think he means that authors should
> >>be able to keep users from downloading the text stream, similar to how
> >>users can be prevented from downloading .RM files.  How this can be
> >>accomplished, I don't know.  Erik?
>
>EH> Some authors want to protect their content from being copied.
>
>Ah, ok, the 'pulling the wool over the eyes' school of copy
>protection. It suffices for impressing clients, but offers no actual
>security at all in practice.

Michael A. Dolan  TerraByte Technology    (619)445-9070
PO Box 1673 Alpine, CA 91903 USA  FAX: (208)545-6564
URL:http://www.tbt.com