Re: Page redirection

> I have currently attempted to move pages on encountering an
> HTTP status code 301 (Moved Permanently), but for
> 302 Moved Temporarily I follow the redirection but register the original URL.
>
> I believe this is a possible "correct" approach but few Web authors are
> able to generate these status codes easily.

For authors who can't generate 301 codes, I'd suggest:

  <link rev=Supercedes href="...">

in the header of a "we've move to..." page.  I've looked at several
search engines, and none I've seen have any suggestions to authors
for how to do this, so whoever does it first will probably set the
de facto standard.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com>  <http://www.piclab.com/lcrocker.html>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,