Re: Building a search engine!!!!

I believe that the EWS engine only indexes the local server; I don't think
it includes a spider.  I believe it also only can communicate with a server
via CGI, rather than any of the higher-speed interfaces (NSAPI, ISAPI)  I
invite you to look at Verity's SEARCH'97 Information Server, which addresses
these issues.  A basic version of the Verity engine is included with
Netscape servers.  See http://www.verity.com.

I would also suggest that anyone with search-specific questions join the
search mailing list -- search@mccmedia.com.  To join, send "subscribe" in
the body of a message to search-request@mccmedia.com.

Nick

Verity Inc. -- Connecting People with Information

Product Manager, Categorization and Visualization
408-542-2164; fax 408-541-1600; home office 408-733-7613
http://www.verity.com

Verity Inc.
894 Ross Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089