Building a search engine!!!!

Hello everybody,, i'm Jorge,,,, some of you may remember me,, i'm the
one that is building a search engine for the latinamerican
audience!!!!!!!

Some of you advice me on CGI scripts based seach,,, other advice me
about the EWS Search Engine for Web Servers from EXCITE,,,, i've
downloaded the EWS,, but i tell you something,, i dont have any idea on
how to implement it,,,,,,, Because i'm confuse in something,,,,,,
They say that the EWS engine is for searching information on the web
server,, but in may case,, i think what i have to search is a database
with all the links an information of the sites!!!,,,, Or do i have to
put a copy of every single page that i want to search in on my web
server???????????????????   Please ,, any information in HOW TO USE THIS
OR OTHER COMMERCIAL SEARCH ENGINE,, please let me know?????????????

BEst regards

Jorge Rodriguez