I want to build a search engine...

Well,, i developing a web site,, a sort of Yahoo but for Venezuela,, I
can make the design of the web pages with no trouble, but, i´ve reached
a key point in the development ,, The Index Search,, Does anybody can
tell me how to develop it??? Where to start, what to do,, i´ve gathered
a considerably amount of Links to pages,,, know what i do with them in
order to include a SEARCH_________  field in my web site????????????
Please submit me any information on this matter,, Links to important
pages in development of this search engines,, etc,, every information is
welcome!!!!