Re: Mirror Negotiation

Chanda Dharap writes:

 > >Isn't mirroring just a special case of caching?
 >
 > Maybe in the implementation, but not in functionality.
 >
 > Mirroring (replicating) is geared towards improved availability while
 > caching is geared towards improved performance.

You're probably right, however, I have a small hack in Jigsaw proxy,
that makes it act as a mirror, check

http://www.w3.og/pub/WWW/Jigsaw
and its MirrorDirectory resource. It will act as the origin server,
reusing all the HTTP/1.1 caching proxy code.

Write a small robot that goes through this mirrror to access the whole
origin server content, now I guess you have a nice mirror :-)

Anselm.