Re: Content Negociation: State of the art ?

Larry Masinter wrote:

> The work on content negotiation and feature negotiation is active in
> the HTTP working group (http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com). There's a draft by
> Andy Mutz and Koen Holtmann, and comments on their draft would be
> appreciated.

Thought i'd note -- i just went to have a look at this draft (i assume

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-holtman-http-negotiation-03.txt

is the current version) and i'd like to say i rather like it, for what
that's worth.  I'd be happy to see implementations of it get rolling!
The sooner they appear, the faster all kinds of problems will be solved.

While skimming it through i wondered about two things:

Why do feature expressions allow "<=" but not ">=" ?  And as for the
following note:

>    The length attribute (if present) must reflect the length of the
>    variant alone, and not the sum of the lengths of the variant and
>    any objects inlined or embedded by the variant.

can i ask why?

Curious,

Ping
                                 Developer, Alias|Wavefront Inc. (Tokyo)