Re: HTTP header suggestion/request (fwd)

Once upon a time Koen Holtman shaped the electrons to say...
>There already is an ad-hoc standard for it:
>See http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1996q3/0730.html
>and followups for more information.

Thank you very much.  I'd done quite a bit of digging and asking around but
never stumbled over this one.  I'd just given up and was ready to write a
new proposal.

>If you want to make it into a real standard for HTTP/1.x, you should
>start by writing a small internet-draft.

Is anyone else interested in reviving RFC1806 for incorporation into HTTP/1.1?
<URL:http://www.internic.net/rfc/rfc1806.txt>

Frankly I've never written an internet-draft and I wouldn't mind working with
someone with some experience the first time.

Thanks again.
-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566