Re: Running Applications

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Bob Jernigan wrote:

> This can be done but do you really want to?  Just to be sure I know
> what you're asking, you want to configure your browser so that when
> you click a url like "http://disk.destroyer.ugh/erasedsk.exe", the
> executable will immediately destroy your disk.  Is that what
> you want?

I believe he's intending to use this on local/company intranet where all
data is a known quantity, not on the general WWW, where anything could
happen.

| Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)  - You may be human, but you're still animals! |
| nakor@glasswings.com.au - Man is territorial. Violence is our response.  |