Re: Java is not the only applet language! (fwd)

Once upon a time Steven Ball shaped the electrons to say...
>> Excuse me, but how can the W3C possibly claim that Java is
>> the only WWW applet programming language?
>Hear, hear!  Despite some people's belief, Java is not the be-all-and-end-all.

Both of you missed the point.

As I said on -HTML:

APPLET is *JAVA ONLY*.  It was created by Sun for Java Applets and trying
to change that now would break all of the existing browsers that support it.
That's life, live with it.

OBJECT is *NOT* specific to Java.  It was created with the intention of
arbitrary object types.  OBJECT will replace APPLET over time for Java,
and it is also the vehicle to be used for other embedded objects, including
any that potentially displace Java.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566
See me in person: Internet Expo, Boston, MA, October 16-17, Booth 422 ;-)