Server Question

We have recently installed a Windows NT Web server. As I am used to Unix
servers I have run into a small problem.  On the servers I am used to you
can assign the beginning page (*.html) as index.html and then all the view
has to type in is the address and directory and the Page automatically starts.

In the Windows NT envorinment, I found that I cannot launch a page
automatically using index.html..even tried default. Permissions are set to
read. Seem funny that I am not able to do this. Perhaps I am missing something.

Any thoughts....

                                                        Many Thanks,
                                                        SteveW