Graphic Packages

Hi:

Surfing the Web one can't help but notice all the cool grahpics. As a new
web page developer I don't seem to be able to find a single graphics package
that will do all that I want. I use Simply3D for Text, but it loses a lot of
quality when I have to convert it to jpg and/or gif and resize.  I use Corel
Draw 5 but again lose quality when converiting, even if I use Corel Photo
paint to do it.  TrueSpace2 is good...except that I can't convert it to
anything usable except a DFX file, which Corel 5 crashes when it tires to
load it.

Would appreciate any suggestions for graphics for pictures, lettering, and
3D rendering and creation.  Would like one package, but will go for a good
reliable Win95 usable combo.

                                        Thanks
                                        SteveW